18 April 2015

Searching for Spring (and figuring out goodbyes)

     In recent years, I have found that sometimes, in the midst of huge changes and transitions, I quite literally have to force life to slow, if even for just a few hours some warm and sunny afternoon. Today was one of those coveted days where I had carved out plans for exploring at a place that lives about ten minutes from my childhood home- Allaire Sate Park. There is something so pure and so filling about spending time walking the ground and breathing the air of the place where I began life and it is all the more wonderful when this time is spent with a friend I've known longer than memory serves me to date our meeting. I am so thankful for the refreshment of spirit received in just stilling time and living fully present in the moment with a an old soul-friend. 






     With plans (Lord willing) to spend the next two years of my life in southern Poland, I have been starting to wonder exactly how I should be preparing to leave both mentally and emotionally. The physical motions of moving I could probably accomplish with my eyes shut and hands tied behind my back at this point, but the processing of the heart is something that still eludes me. Right now, I think I'm only beginning to ask God and think on what I should be doing or how I should be preparing to go. I think today was a good step in the right direction. 
     There are so many major life changes just around the bend and speeding quickly towards several close friends this year. It's thrilling, but a bit unnerving. I do not think anyone can really know what changes will truly look or feel like as the full move into normal and steady adult life begins. When 24 turns to 25 and almost 26, there seems to be less paths from which to choose, but they're each somehow clearer and more solid in appearance. Whatever lies ahead, I am so thankful for this time and these days in between here and there. I am learning to savor each precious moment spent with those I love most and I am learning the value of carving out time to spend in the quiet of beautiful, beautiful nature. When winter finally and truly gives up, it is the perfect time to head outdoors and find what new things spring is holding for discovery as ever onward life races. (And yes, I was dressed a bit like "Where's Waldo" today- I stand by my fashion choices.)












No comments:

Post a Comment